Monday, July 1, 2013

Arima Nesting...

...Is about #3 on the list of titles that would be more accurate for this blog right about now.   I am still in Sacramento if you had not heard.  In fact, I am about to sign another six month lease.  That's right, folks.  I will be living in the same apartment for a year and the same town for well over that.  Consider your minds blown.

So here's what my life has turned into.

I live in a little studio in the heart of midtown Sacramento.  I no longer work three jobs... just two!  Personal record.  I work full time for an organization called COSA (I think the last post was just pre-COSA).  COSA is the Committee on Sustainability Assessment.  We essentially do sustainability assessments of international agricultural certifications (read: I stare at excel spreadsheets all day).  I work from home about 80% of the time and from my boss' home the other 20%.  I'm including Old Soul coffee shop as home for the purposes of this stat.  I never expected to love what I'm doing as much but it's really grown on me.  I'm in the process of balancing scaling up my hours with actually having a life in Sacramento (something I didn't even dream of in high school :P ).

But really.  I have friends.  And, oddly enough, plans for every weekend for the rest of the Summer.  The biggest surprise (no offense mom & dad) but I LOVE living near my family for the first time in a long while.  I can go over there for free food or to watch the game and I can just go hang out with my parents which is really really nice.

It still blows my mind when I run into people I knew when I was little but living this close to South Land Park means eventually someone's going to recognize me.  It's kind of insane to be back in my home town.  Everything's completely new to me but at any point in exploring a new place or activity there will be something that reminds me that this is where I grew up.  I can take walks to the capitol or go to free concerts in Cesar Chavez park or chill at the river.  I forgot how much I love Summers in Sacramento.

Fourth of July (arguably my favorite holiday) and my birthday are coming up and I am taking this time of year to do all the things I love and miss and never thought I would get to do again.  Floating down the American, BBQing at my parents, Davis for fireworks, getting a manicure from Sandy with madre for my birthday, going to Moxi for birthday dinner, getting a neener neener birthday cake from Freeport Bakery, and most importantly GOING TO THE CA STATE FAIR WHICH OPENS ON MY BIRTHDAY.

I know I keep saying I will update here and I am past making promises but I will try my absolute best to not completely neglect it anymore.  Thanks for keeping up with my life even when I start to nest and I will keep y'all apprised of my slightly more mundane goings on in the future.

All my love from Sacramento, CA.

No comments:

Post a Comment